4/12/11

Citrus Cel!

Sorry for disappearing for a few days there - I was in Florida. Monolith was in a film fest. I got sunburned. It was great.
Sunburn beyond lobster red and into purple people eater territory.
So this weekend I flew down to Jacksonville, FL with the lovely Jodi Puckett to attend the Citrus Cel Animation Film Festival, where my film Monolith had been chosen to play. The festival was great - a whole weekend of awesome animation, awesome people and awesome weather.  Seeing something I made on a big screen in a theater was a thrill, an incredible experience.
I'd like to give a special shout out to Shane and Bill of Dripsblack.  They put the whole festival together - they are truly awesome guys and really did a fantastic job.
To make up for the lack of drawings at the moment, I've got some pictures from reality for your enjoyment.
A palm tree! I'd never seen one for real before.

Jacksonville! I swear we crossed that bridge two thousand times. Or at least twelve.
Star Fleet Academy? Professor X's summer home? Walternate's office? The Future?
The Art of Storytelling - an exhibit held at the Cummer Museum of Art
5Points Theatre. This is where the films were screened - a very cool, restored theater.
Sometimes it was dark out.
Check out that pelican swooping! So cool, you'd swear it was a pterodactyl.
To top it all off, I found the smallest palm tree known to man. Sadly, I could not fit it in my carry on luggage.
 Alrighty, that's all for now.  I'll have some real drawings soon.  Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment